10 Indicators That Immigrants Initiate Job Creation
- 40% of Fortune 500 companies were founded by immigrants or their children.
- Immigrants are more than twice as likely as the native-born to start a business.
- Immigrants are 13% of the US pop but started 28% of US companies founded in 2011.
- Immigrants create 25% of new businesses in the fastest growing sectors of the economy.
- 1 in every 10 workers in this country employed at a privately-owned business is employed by a business owned by an immigrant.
- Businesses owned by Latinos & Asians employ 4.7 million workers a year.
- Between 1990 and 2012, Hispanics added new entrepreneurs almost 10 times faster than the overall US population.
- Attracting 100,000 new immigrants per year would save 4,600 US manufacturing jobs annually.
- Every foreigner working on an American farm supports 2-3 full-time jobs in other industries.
- Every H-1B visa holder creates an additional 5 American jobs.
Get Partnership Updates
Join America’s mayors and business leaders in making the case for sensible immigration reform as a way to boost economic growth and create jobs for Americans.Get updates »