Co-chairs of the Partnership
Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board, Marriott
CEO & President, Disney
Former Mayor, San Antonio
The Partnership for a New American Economy brings together more than 500 Republican, Democratic, and Independent mayors and business leaders united in making the economic case for streamlining, modernizing, and rationalizing our immigration system.
The Partnership Principles
- Secure our borders and prevent illegal immigration through tougher enforcement and better use of technology;
- Develop a simple and secure system for employers to verify employment eligibility and hold businesses that are not compliant, or abuse visa programs, accountable for their actions;
- Increase opportunities for immigrants to enter the United States workforce — and for foreign students to stay in the United States to work — so that we can attract and keep the best, the brightest and the hardest-working, who will strengthen our economy;
- Create a streamlined process by which employers can get the seasonal and permanent employees they need, when Americans aren’t filling vacant jobs;
- Establish a path to legal status for the undocumented currently living in the United States with requirements such as registering with the federal government, learning English, paying taxes and following all laws; and
- Strengthen federal, state, local, and employer-sponsored programs that offer English language, civics, and educational classes to immigrants.
Get Partnership Updates
Join America’s mayors and business leaders in making the case for sensible immigration reform as a way to boost economic growth and create jobs for Americans.Get updates »
About Our Members
Our co-chairs and members range from industry leaders to small business owners, employing over 4 million people and generating over $1.4 trillion in annual sales, while our mayors represent cities of all sizes with a combined population of over 35 million residents.
Business and municipal leaders from across the country are joining together to highlight the critical need to fix our broken system. Our economic prosperity depends on it.
With the future of our economy in the balance, more and more of the nation’s business leaders and mayors are standing up for immigration reform.View all members »